1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Z. Vex 'Fat' Fuzz Factory

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mingus Addict, Feb 11, 2013.

1. http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/zvex/fuzzfactory/fat

This was released at NAMM, and after a few search's, I was surprised to find that no one is talking about it on here. It looks like they added a three way switch which adds more low-end to the signal. I'm not really sure if this is just for fatter guitar sounds, or if this is really going to sound great on bass, but I'm curious to find out. It doesn't seem like there are any bass videos out there yet.

2. Okay, not a bass demo, a claim that it sounds awesome on bass:

3. bojo440

bojo440

Apr 16, 2011
    Release date is close and I wanna know how it sounds with a bass!!!!

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Original Fuzz Factory is a bit extreme, and the Mastotron is a little more conservative. Mastotron already has the 3 way switch, which adds tons of low end on 3. FF with switch could be dangerous.

5. bojo440

bojo440

Apr 16, 2011
    Yeah could be a monster! I was about to buy a mastotron but I have to wait for this one. The gated fuzz on the FF with a guitar is great. With the sub switch on the new one, maybe it's gonna do a great ''woolly'' sound. Wondering if it's gonna work well with active bass..,

6. Ramping up the bass on one of these WOULD be a crack up with the gain-structure on a tube amp though.
    Gee that could get messy!

7. Any updates on this!

8. thirteendevils

thirteendevils

Sep 12, 2012
    UK
    Bump.

Anyone got one? Opinions? Thinking of adding one to my collection.

9. Yurtra

Yurtra

Apr 26, 2010
    Montreal, Canada

Demo on bass later in the vid.

10. thirteendevils

thirteendevils

Sep 12, 2012
    UK
    I will have one by Wednesday!

11. IncX

IncX

Jul 23, 2007
    Philippines
    any updates?

how different is it from a mastotron?

12. thirteendevils

thirteendevils

Sep 12, 2012
    UK

Never owned a mastotron so i can't comment but the FFF has alot of fuzz tones in there, and then you realise there are even more when you start playing with the vol knob on your bass!