1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zombie Film Soundtrack-Need Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Godbody, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Godbody

Godbody

May 27, 2008
    I'm putting together a soundtrack composed primarily of popular music for a zombie film.

The movie is set in the Idaho wilderness. The zombies are fairly ordinary by today's cinematic standards; the intent is to focus more on the group dynamics and maintaining (or losing) one's humanity.

Anyhow, what I need help with is song selections. I need pieces that evoke anger, paranoia, tension, hopelessness, essentially negative feelings. I'll need soft & slow songs, loud & intense music... So I'm open to many different suggestions.

So whaddya got?

2. [​IMG]

3. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    South of Heaven - Slayer
    Tales from the Far Side - Bill Frisell

4. echoSE7EN

echoSE7EN

Jul 1, 2010
    Balto., MD
    sigur ros (sp?)

5. +1

however if you want the anger and haunting part i recomend "kerosene - big black" especially if theres a scene involving fire

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Jesus Lizard - Goat
    Jesus Lizard - Liar
    Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician
    Butthole Surfers - Psychic, Powerless, and Another Man's Sac
    Big Black - Songs About ****ing
    Residents - (pretty much everything)
    Sonic Youth - Evol
    Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
    Dub Trio - All albums
    The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute
    Sleep - All albums

7. Richard G

Richard G Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    MOGWAI

EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY

NAPALM DEATH

CELTIC FROST

BLACK WITCHERY

8. Staredge

Staredge

Aug 7, 2010
    Damascus, MD
    Check out some of the stuff The Mermen have done. Live from the Haunted House has some pretty moody songs on it (all instrumental). Also....The Ghastly Ones. Fast paced instro surf. Might be usable as well.

As an aside.....Garrett, the guitarist for the Ghastly Ones, did some of the special effects for The Walking Dead. You can see him in the time lapse footage of the bicycle girl makeup session.

9. If its in the Idaho wilderness you want something vaguely country-western and minimalist. I'd try some of the following.

EARTH

Pretty decent track for any positive parts. Great album.

10. Mastodon - elephant man

Good atmosphere

Pretty much anything off of NiN's ghosts albums or the Fragile would be great as well.

11. For whom the bell tolls - Metallica
    Angel of Death or Criminally Insane - Slayer

12. the tooth fairy and the princess by husker du for paranoia

also look into a lot of post rock or metal.

russian circles comes to mind

so i guess we all kinda said atmospheric instrumental bands that bring out an emotion, so for what its worth maybe some Electric Wizard or Ahab

13. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    The first thing that came to mind for me was: Bauhaus -- Bela Lugosi's Dead

Especially the 1st 2:50 or so.

14. Big chicken

Big chicken

May 25, 2010
    In Space
    Remamber a day
    A saucerful of secrets
    set the contrils for the heart of the sun
    Atom Heart mother suite
    -Pink Floyd-

15. isn't that the theme of most zombie movies?

16. +1 to damn near all of these. and i would add anything by "The Agony Scene"(they do a cool cover of Paint it Black) or maybe an instrumental from "The Dillenger Escape Plan" (extreme screamers but there music is crazy good with wacked out timings and cool ambient noises) Sorry i forget the names of the songs for DEP that are instrumentals but they are easy enough to find.

cheers and good luck with your selection.

-Gabe-

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021