1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom B3 tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Noddy Boulder, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Noddy Boulder

Noddy Boulder

Jun 11, 2012
    In the blurb that is on the the zoom web page it says that you can mute when tuning. However, I bought one and can't see any mute on the thing. Is it possible to mute when tuning?

This is what they say:
    In addition, the B3’s LCD displays and LED indicators make the Tuner easy to see on a dark stage, where you can also mute the output to tune silently.

If not what is the best way to mute the guitar when tuning on stage. I have not played guitar for a long time and just getting back into it, so sorry if the questions is a bit daft.

2. Etienned

Etienned

Jul 16, 2010
    Montréal
    If you hold for 1-2 second = tuner +bypass
    If you hold some more = tuner + mute

Hope it helps.

3. Noddy Boulder

Noddy Boulder

Jun 11, 2012
    Thanks for that. I will give it a try tonight when I get home.

4. Noddy Boulder

Noddy Boulder

Jun 11, 2012
    Tried iit out and it works a treat. Many thanks for that!

5. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    you didnt read the manual? it only has like a gazillion functions that you wont be able to figure out on your own.

6. Noddy Boulder

Noddy Boulder

Jun 11, 2012
    Got it second hand and there was no manual. Just downloaded one so should be good to go.

7. subdubba

subdubba

Jun 9, 2013
    Elmhurst, IL
    The Zoom B3 tuner rocks. However, I wish:

(a) you could press once and get tuner + mute (besides people testing their perfect pitch so they can brag about it, who uses tuner without mute anyway?)

and

(b) the tuner mute also affected the "pre" XLR out so you can also mute a clean signal chain while you tune. I'm not sure if the B3 uses true bypass, or if a muted "pre" XLR out would prevent true bypass, but again why wouldn't you want to mute both your affected and unaffected outputs while you tune?

By the way, I recently picked up a Korg Pitchblack so I could tune-mute my wet and dry signal chains like I mentioned above, but in my opinion the B3 tuner responds noticeably better than the Pitchblack, especially for the low B string. Everybody raves about the Pitchblack, so I was surprised. Am I missing something?