1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom B9 ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vaca11, Dec 12, 2012.

1. vaca11

vaca11

Aug 11, 2011
    Dear Talk Bass family. How are you today ?

I always loved effects on bass regardless of most of the so-called bass player's claims. (Play ROOT NOTES!!!)

Anyway i have been using Zoom G9 with my bass and it works quite well. I understand that B9 is at the end of its life. All of the music shops making big discounts to clear last stocks.

My question is: is it worth investing 100 pounds (150-170 dollars) to B9 while i am an owner of G9.

And yes i have a fantasy to connect both

Style:
    Alternative Rock, Funk, soft rock

Main Gear:

Ibanez Sr 700

MIM Jazz Bass

Harley Benton HB-80B

2. Yes
    Its designed for bass
    I have one

3. KenHR

KenHR

Jul 28, 2010
    Waterford, NY
    I recently sold my B9 as I didn't end up using it for as much as I thought I would, but it was a great pedalboard. I used it live, for practice, for DI, etc. Built like a tank and really versatile.

The "60s Rock" preset pretty much nailed that Animals "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" tone using my Casady.

If you want a good selection of quality effects and a decent selection of amp sims, go for it. I've always thought Zoom did great modulation and delay. Incredibly good value for the money.