1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom MS pedal backup (ZoomLib and Windows XP)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by drdashdot, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Hi everybody. (Hi Dr Nick!)

I'm the author of ZoomLib, which backs up Zoom multistomp/multi-effects pedal patches via the USB interface. (Details/download at Zoom patch exchange - Index)

This software is only about 2 months old but there have been no problems reported until now, with a report that Windows XP doesn't recognize the user's MS-70CDR.

Is there anyone out there using ZoomLib successfully with Win XP?

Or, would some kind soul with Win XP and a Zoom pedal (pref MS-70, but otherwise any MS pedal or G1/B1 series or even a G3/G5/B3) download ZoomLib and try it out? (As a bonus, you'll have a patch backup program. It's free!)

Thanks,
    Dave

2. DGY

DGY

Oct 17, 2017
    I now this is an old post but... I am trying to use your ZoomLib with G1Xon and winXP Pro. It will not see device. I was able to to a firmware update with it so I know it is connected ok. I think I even saw that it was recognized as MIDI device using Channel 0 in my system devices list.
    Any ideas?

3. Hello DGY. There have been a few reported problems with XP, but they all seem different.
    If you haven't looked through the general discussion forum at zoompatches.com/forum then that would be a good place to start.
    Most likely cause is another program using the midi device. Try stopping anything that might be doing that.
    Please let us know how you go.
    Dave

4. waveman

waveman

Sep 25, 2008
    Well, Windows XP is not even a supported OS, and hasn't been for a while. You can't expect for that to work 100% for anything these days

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021