Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!
We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions. Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!
- Melbourne Australia
Share This Page
Male, from Melbourne Australia
Thinking about pedals... Jul 19, 2014
- AlastairWatts was last seen:
- Nov 1, 2020
- Melbourne Australia
- Current Setup:
Double Bass (a no-name but she's my special girl!)
Fender MIJ P-Basses
Fender MIJ J-Basses
Ibanez Roadstar IIs
Eden Amplifiers and Cabinets
D'Addario strings (flats, nylon and nickel rounds)
Various effects by: Boss, HAO, Dwarfcraft, Earthbound Audio, BBE, TC Electronic, Digitech, MadeByMike, Idiotbox, SubDecay, Fairfield Circuitry, EAR, Blacksheep Effects, Wren and Cuff, Zvex and DOD.
- Favorite Genres:
- Jazz, Metal, Country, Folk, Bluegrass, Rock, Reggae, Baroque, modern Western Art music, noise.
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Slipper, Bohjass, Lo-Res, Emma Tomkin, The Boys, Jacob McGuffie Band, Tim Pledger's Product, Viaduct, Yurodive... A bunch of other standards and latin bands
- G.A.S. List:
A nice old Double Bass (circa 1850?)
Both 4 and 6 string Double Basses by luthier Warren Nolan-Fordham.
Some kind of 60s J- and a similar vintage P-bass... Heck! My wish list right? Make it a stack of them!!!
- Influences and Teachers:
- Charles Mingus, Dick Lovegren, Charlie Haden, Larry Grenadier, Ray Brown, John Paul Jones, Malachi Maghostus Favors, Aston Barrett, Edgar Meyers, Paul McCartney, Ron Carter, Mike Watt, Colin Greenwood, Dave Holland, Jack Bruce, Troy Sanders, Chris Hale and Sting. The bands 'Low', 'Radiohead', 'The Beatles', Tom Waits, Mstislav Rostropovich, Bob Dylan, Bill Evans, Joni Mitchell and composers like H.I.F Biber, J.S Bach, Couperin; if you really want to know more? ASK!!! Hahaha!
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Education, Politics, Love, Reading, Film, Life
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
- Double Bass Instruction
- Teaching Credentials:
- B.A (Humanities, Hons.), Grad. Dip. in Education (Secondary School), B. Music Performance (Jazz); 20 Years as a working bassist in a variety of contexts and genres.
SignaturePedal Breeders Big Board Club#68