1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

10s versus 15s, Moving Air with Wattage

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassdumpster, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Bassdumpster

Bassdumpster

Sep 6, 2008
    Wattage moves air !!! 10s are cool but...using a Peavey FireBass 700 with 2 15" Peavey BW Cabinets, Crazzeeee Botton and Punch...Ibanez 1100 MIJ EMG's...ProSteels Round Wound for some upper tones.. Mutha to drag rig around, but
    Bass Ballz for Sure...;) Old School Rig Still Can Hold It Down ;)

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    OK ;)

3. Why not 8-10s AND 2-15s.. 2 heads of your choice. Did this back in the day with a pair of Sunn Coliseum 300's, out doors, or very large room etc. But I think 8-10s have more surface area.. But funny thing, I used a 2-15 for years, and loved it..

4. I think he was pretty much saying sod the surface area, just crank the watts to move more air :p Tell it like it is brother!!!

5. 15's hit you in a different place than 10's. 4x15's and about 300 tube watts is bass heaven.

6. :eek:

7. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Yes indeed. I used to run that formula, the tone was incredible, and it would also get the legs of your wide flare jeans back in the day, flapping in the resulting breeze. I'm glad I still have at least one good 2x15 cab in my arsenal.

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Picking a 215 up later this morning. I'm in.

9. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Both and different. Have both, sound different. And if I ever hook them up together you'll know it.:bassist:Where ever you live.

10. GabeN

GabeN

Feb 27, 2006
    Chugiak, AK
    Tell me about it. I've got 3 2x15's but usually only run 2 of them off of an old SS peavey head. It's not bass heaven yet but it'll rattle your fillings loose.