1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1978 Sabre

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JTL, Oct 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JTL

JTL

Feb 21, 2011
    Hey y’all, just picked up this ‘78 Musicman Sabre. I don’t know a lot about these basses, can anyone englighten me on any interesting facts about it?

Also what kind of price range are these going for? Came with the original case and mutes. Everything on it appears to be original.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

TheMinutemen, lowdownthump and Mark76 like this.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Masks, people, masks!
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
  3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I dont know what you want to know about it. I had one. Its a dual pickup Musicman.

You can read up here:
    www.musicmanbass.org

4. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    It's a 78 musicman sabre bass. That's it.

5. Even a sabre club exist:

Musicman Sabre Club

6. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Ive seen Luis Johnson play one. It sounded great in his hands. There is also a video on you tube of Marcus Miller doings demo of one but it isn't plugged into an amp. Sounds great in his hands too. Oh and Johnny Lee Long also has some nice you tube videos playing his. I like what I hear when others play them. Haven't come across one personally.

7. I have a '79 Sabre Bass and it is my "Pride & Joy"! Best bass I've ever owned or played. Take care of it with basic maintenance and you'll have no issues. Very versatile and reliable....built like a tank! I consider them Leo's next iteration of the Jazz bass.