1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

1x10/1x8 Shootout

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by tombowlus, Dec 8, 2005.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    In case any of you might be interested, I have posted a 1x10/1x8 shootout over in the bass guitar forum. This was done with bass guitar exclusively, but may provide some insight into the relative performance of these cabs. If I am able to revisit some of these cabs with upright, I will be sure to post a "reality check" in this forum.

Tom.

2. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    As always, great shootout! You haven't steered me wrong yet. :) I'm loving my VL110/208, although it is only with BG, there is a long-distance relationship I'm in with a DB - soon to be living together. :p

Can't wait to read your 1x12 / 2x8 shootout.
    -Jesse

3. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    The work of a master. Excellent. I say quit your day gig.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Wow! Thank you for the (unwarranted, IMHO) high praise! I really respect your opinion and value your reviews, so I do not take your kind words lightly. Thank you!

Tom.