1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1x12's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lovefist, Nov 10, 2010.

1. lovefist

lovefist

Mar 27, 2008
    I'm new to the whole idea of playing with a pair of 1x12's. I played the Genz Benz and was considering selling my old upright to make some money for a more portable rig. Usually I just use a single 1x15 and I like that sound.

If I had a budget of a little less then $2,000 what would you recommend?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Genz Benz. :) But you should specify what kind of music you play, whether weight is important, whether you like a super hi-fi sound or an old-school Motown sound or a grindy rock sound, etc. etc.

3. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    Wow - for $2000 you could score a really great versatile rig. I'm a big fan of 2 1x12s. Generally, they're portable and walk the line between having a 4x10 punch and 1x15 pillow.

4. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I did own a pair of Ampeg 112's for awhile and they actually were loud enough but they were heavy and didn't quite have the tone I wanted. I have been through all kinds of configurations in the past few years and am seriously thinking of going back to a pair of 112 cabs for the portability more then anything. The GK Neo112's are really appealing to me or a Mesa Scout extension cab to go with my Walkabout 112 combo which is an amazing machine in every way.

5. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    Lots of good 1x12 options out there.

My personal favorite 112s are Jim Bergantinos.

6. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado
    I use a GB Shuttle 6.0 with 2 Epifani UL2 1x12. It is plenty loud and versatile. I play in an 80's band, 12 pc funk band and Church (contemporary)

7. dokazaado

dokazaado

Mar 25, 2009
    Empty Hills
    yep. I dig the Aguilar DB112NT.

8. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    With that budget:
    Two AudioKinesis Thunderchild(es|ren).

9. lovefist