Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

2 Cabs 2 Heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crazybassist601, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Is there a way to do this? I was just wondering? Not really planning on doing it, although I must admit it would be sweet to run an Ampeg 810e with an Ampeg 215e with seperate Ampeg Classic Heads...Just wondering if its possible.

Could I do it with a crossover?

2. you can run a switch So you can switch between them. As far as running them at the same time... I have no idea.

3. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    if you use an ABY pedal you can split the signal of your bass to go to one amp, the other or both (stereo)

4. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Just plug your bass into both heads, guitarists do it all the time.

Your band will hate you.

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Well I do it with my m pulse head and my peavey deltabass head. I run my mesa in to a 15 at 8 ohms and the peavey into a 2x10 at 4 ohms. This is a temporary solution till I get some new cabs. Aaaaanyway

I take the slave out from my mesa and run it into the effects return on my peavey this lets the signal go straight to the peaveys power amp and bypass the pre amp and tone controls.

It would be cool to do this with an 8x10 and a 2x15. It would be a killer rig!

Just looked at the ampeg classic manual you can take a line from the preamp out of one and put it into the power amp in of the other.I dont know if you could use a crossover though becaue you would have to return a signal into the power amp in from the crossover which would be bad if there a signal already present comgin from the pre amp. That probably doesnt make much snese but it boes in my head