1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 full days in Nashville

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blatz, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Blatz

Blatz

Feb 11, 2012
    I have 2 full days in Nashville on my way way down to Atlanta. As a musician what are some must sees. Not super into the touristy stuff. I'm a local seen kind of person. Also any good places to stay where the action is.
    Thanks

2. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    If ya like a neigborhood bar with darts , The Villager Tavern is just that.

3. Go to the Bassist Forum, East Tennessee Bassists--lots of guys from that area would probably help you out.

4. RadioRob

RadioRob

Dec 15, 2012
    Broadway street at night to see all the Honky Tonks,
    Country Music Hall of Fame

5. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Broad is coil if your lookin for country or up and comers, if your lookin for rock your gonna have to drive a bit.

6. emdsd

emdsd Mongo only pawn in game of music!

Feb 25, 2010
    Boyne City, Michigan
    Gruhn's Guitar shop!

7. rmars

rmars

Jan 2, 2004
    Bettendorf, Ia
    Corner Music used to be great and so was Rock Block but I haven't been either in 10+ years. The Low End Bass Shop is in Murfreesboro. Dumplin's in Old Franklin makes the World Famous Chicken Salad Sandwich which is amazing if you happen to be out that direction.

8. Finneus

Finneus Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Oswego, IL
    If you are able to get in, I hear the Bluebird's songwriters' sessions are awesome on Friday & Saturday. Unfortunately, it is very hard to get in and when I was there recently we didn't get there early enough.

And I have to add, Jack's BBQ on Broadway was the best BBQ I've ever had.

9. Go to Robert's Western World. Best players on lower Broad performance there.

10. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    +1 Bluebird

Someone else mentioned Gruhn Guitars - must see.

Also... The Loveless Cafe and Motel for the BEST country breakfast you or anyone else will ever have... southwest of Nashville in Pasquo, Tennessee (about 25 minutes from the city). Get the red eye gravy and country ham!