1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2 x 10 Celestion 100w Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by NickPlayer, Sep 1, 2008.

1. NickPlayer

NickPlayer

Sep 1, 2008
    Essex, UK,
    hey guys, ive been using a 8 x 10" cab and found it too much to lug around with my upright bass,

so went you using a 2 x 10" and a 1 x 15",

i found just using the 2 x 10" was great but my head is way to powerful for it, anyone have any suggestions for a good head for a 2 x 10" cab for use with an upright bass.

cheers guys,

Nick Player
    montsalestudios@live.co.uk

2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    You may want to keep your head an buy and Acme B2 cab. It will handle all the power of most heads and reproduce the tone of your upright brilliantly.

3. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    Or keep the head and just don't turn it up to the point where it frys the 2x10. Treat it as "headroom."

I must be missing something. Why would you want to spend money on a less powerful amp?

4. NickPlayer

NickPlayer

Sep 1, 2008
    Essex, UK,
    anyone use gallien and krueger heads, i hear they have a 150w head which is pretty good

5. If your playing with a drummer then I'd be looking at something a bit larger than 150w...