1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2012 Am Std FSR P bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by coo68ley, Aug 19, 2017.

1. coo68ley

coo68ley Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Price:
    $950
    Strings:
    IMG_1577.JPG IMG_1578.JPG IMG_1579.JPG IMG_1580.JPG IMG_1581.JPG IMG_1582.JPG IMG_1583.JPG IMG_1584.JPG IMG_1585.JPG IMG_1586.JPG IMG_1587.JPG IMG_1588.JPG IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1590.JPG IMG_1591.JPG IMG_1592.JPG IMG_1594.JPG
    * 2012 Fender American Standard FSR Precision Bass, hand stained ash body
    * FSR - Factory Special Run
    * Limited Edition - only 150 were made worldwide in this color (amber stain)
    * I installed a brand new Babicz bridge...I have the original bridge it came with and it will be included in the sale.
    * normal pickguard wear... it's even hard to see in the photos...close up photo shows slight warp of pickguard near volume control...very minor so you can either go with it or get a new pickguard.
    * comes Fender TSA OHSC and original hang tag.
    * will split shipping

Thank you

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Man, do I love the look of that bridge! GLWTS!

3. First time seeing that finish, I didn't like the other sandblasted colors but that is gorgeous! GLWTS

coo68ley likes this.
  4. Nice. Standard P width at the nut?

5. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Weight?

6. I have the Mahogany hand stained version of this 2012 bass and love it!!! These have the standard P nut width and mine weighs just barely over 8 pounds. I kinda wish I had this color instead...

R&B, Hubriser and d00dr like this.
  7. ahollowhd

ahollowhd Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I'd be interested in a pic of the back of the neck.

8. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

drool

9. coo68ley

Sep 9, 2016
    Ya....Standard nut width

10. coo68ley

Sep 9, 2016
    8.5 lbs with the Babicz

d00dr likes this.
  11. coo68ley

Sep 9, 2016
    I'll get that to you asap

12. garytone

garytone

Nov 26, 2011
    Indiana
    I really like that finish, too. I wouldn't have known it was sandblasted. Very attractive.

13. coo68ley

Sep 9, 2016
    Ya it’s nice! Feels cool as well

14. Hubriser

Hubriser Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Boston MA
    These hand stained 2012 American standards are awesome, I have the mahogany stained version and I absolutely love it. They're not sandblasted though, I believe that was a 2015 special run that came in crimson red and blue if I'm not mistaken. I like these hand stained ones a lot better than the sand blasted ones personally! I would prob be seriously considering this one if I didn't just pick up one of the roasted ash p basses.
    Beautiful bass good luck!

Fender sand blasted Precision

SLO Surfer likes this.
  15. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Groovy.

16. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Wow, that looks like a 1-piece ash body!

Edit: The front gives it away that it's likely 3-piece. (Not a fault or caveat, of course!) The back is very nicely matched.

17. goes to 11

goes to 11 Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2012
    what is the difference in the FSR models?

18. coo68ley

Sep 9, 2016
    Hello there. Other TB’ers may weigh in. As I’ve learned they have MIM and MIA FSR’s. This one is a MIA. FSR stands for Factory Special Run... they were made as limited editions for big retailers like Guitar Center. This is an ash body with a hand rubbed honey amber stain. They made 150 of these worldwide in this color. Thats all I know of as far as differences. Anything else might be found online.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  19. coo68ley

Sep 9, 2016
    Here is the official description:

The American Standard Hand-Stained Ash Precision Bass is a beautifully distinctive new take on the revolutionary Fender instrument that started it all. With all the Precision' sonic muscle, this special version gives the American Standard Precision Bass an ash body with a gorgeous hand-rubbed stain beneath a satin-lacquer finish. The maple-fingerboard model in elegant amber stain is a uniquely finished instrument with all of the familiar specs of an American Standard Precision Bass like an ash body with a modern C shape maple neck, 20 medium jumbo frets, a high mass vintage bridge and American Standard Precision Bass single split coil pickup.

Features

• Precision Bass ash body

• Hand-rubbed stain/satin lacquer top coat finish

• Modern "C" shape maple neck with maple fingerboard

• 20 Medium jumbo frets

• Satin finish on back, gloss finish on front

• Posiflex graphite neck support rods

• S/S pickup configuration

• American Standard Precision Bass single split coil pickup

• Master Volume and Master Tone controls

• Chrome hardware

• HMV, High Mass Vintage bridge (Strings-Thru-Body or Top-load)

Specifications
    • Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
      Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
      Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)

20. coo68ley

Sep 9, 2016
    Maybe the universe is telling me something and maybe I should listen. Every time I try to unload this something happens and I don’t get rid of it.

First a trade fell through then a sale didn’t go through due to a scammer that didn’t prevail (careful TBers there are several lurking about here).

Anyway, back on the block. It’s not being played and I am moving at the start of the year so need to liquidate a few.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017