1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

210 Build

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass4lyf, May 7, 2010.

1. Bass4lyf

Bass4lyf

Nov 1, 2008
    Sydney
    Im building a 210 cab very similar to the markbass traveler 102p. Ive got left over plywood from another build I did so thought Id clear the garage and put the plywood to some use.

Id probably load it with some delta's or something by eminence. It will be used with a 410 cab that has a tweeter in it, so I thought Id save myself some money and hassle and not worry about putting in a tweeter at all. Ive also read on this forum that people that have cabs with a volume adjuster for the tweeter usually turn it down all the way. Meaning theres almost no point in having a tweeter at all. What do you think?

2. The tweets are running about 50/50 but with 10" drivers even a tweeter user like myself would say: Why build one in a 210?

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    There may possibly be a volume imbalance between the cabs. The 4x10 moves a lot more air.

4. Bass4lyf

Bass4lyf

Nov 1, 2008
    Sydney
    Yea im aware of that but it doesnt really bother me

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    if you ever want a tweeter in a standalone 210, then put one in it. if not, you're covered for high end with one tweeter. you're better off running only one anyway, although they work better in the higher cab than the lower.

6. 3506string

3506string

Nov 18, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    I recently did something similar. I got a new vehicle and my old cabs wouldn't fit in the trunk so. I built something along the lines of the markbass travelers. I also built a 3 horn external tweeter loaded with cts powerlines 1165s. I don't have any finished pics but here are the build pics. I decided to go with side ports so I didn't have to worry about ending up with my ports pushed up next to a wall. I used 3/4" aurcoply, madison knight drivers. I don't remember exactly what I tuned them to but it was a little higher than my previous cabs.

As far as the volume inbalance just make sure the impedance of the new cab is double that of the 4x10.

SANY0236.
    SANY0243.
    SANY0367.
    SANY0015.

7. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
  8. Bass4lyf

Bass4lyf

Nov 1, 2008
    Sydney
    Dude that is some real nice builds you got going, thanks heaps for sharing the pics. My 410 cab is 8ohms, so with the impedance doubling of the 210 cab, make the 210 16ohms? If so, what impedance should the speakers be that I buy and how should I wire it? Thanks heaps everyone for the help/opinions!

EDIT: 3506string- Question about the traveler build, why have you put a sort of dividing wall inside the cab inbetween the two speakers? What does that do?

9. 3506string

3506string

Nov 18, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    BF you never fail to give me something to think about. You are the whole reason I'm running vertical cabs now.

As far as the center wall in the cabs its my makeshift brace to support the top, bottom, back, and baffle

10. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Something else to think about: the most vibration resistant portion of the cab is at and near the corner joints, the least vibration resistant the center of panels. So any bracing at or near the corner joints does nothing except to make the cab heavier. Instead of a full panel use a cross to add support where it's needed, and not weight where it isn't.