1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2x12 Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BrandonA119, Feb 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I'm currently replacing my SWR Redhead and 2x15.

I've decided on a GK MB500 head. Now I need to decide on a cab. I'm been waffling on the GK Neo212 or the Bergantino neo CN212. Can anyone help me iron this out? I'm open to options.

Thanks!!

DiabolicLow B likes this.
  2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I haven't played the GK 212 Neo, but I've played a CN212 for a long time and used an MB500 for a good while. I thought it was a great pairing.

If you're looking at buying new I'm not sure the CN212 is going to be an option as they have been discontinued in favor of the HDN series. It was recent enough though so many dealers may still have CN stuff in stock.

3. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    You maybe able to pick up a used CN for less, I'd keep an eye on the classifieds.

I haven't played the GK 212 either, but the CN212 is a stellar sounding cab and would likely command better resale if something else piques your fancy later.

4. jazzenfunk

jazzenfunk Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    bay area
    Tecamp s212 classic.

atrapp likes this.
  5. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    What is it exactly that you want to know?

MM

monsterthompson likes this.
  6. Is the Berg worth twice the money as the GK NEO 212?

7. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Depends... probably would be for me, but, again, I haven't played through GK cabs. Were I not using an Audiokinesis cab I'd be using Bergantino.

Mystic Michael likes this.
  8. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Very good cab is the TC Electronic RS212 cab. I've played some very good cabs in my time and it sounds as good as any I've played through.

9. SpruceApple

SpruceApple Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'd get the GK 212NeoII and save your money. I'm very satisfied with my 2x112NeoIIs.

10. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I thought everyone was going Gaga over the Tecamp S 212 Classic these days.
    I know it's my next Cab.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    atrapp likes this.
  11. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    I love my Aguilar DB212, its got a bump in the mids, super punchy and weighs about 90lbs. More affordable than the Bergy and available most anywhere.

12. Come down to the Berg 'burbs baby! You'll like it here!

13. I played the gk neo 212 at guitar center and it was my 1st 212 Ive played through......Im half way gassing for it now, because it was guitarcenter no one wanted to match it with the gk 2001rb (wasnt even plugged into the amp its on, just sitting there with the alarm set on it so it doesnt move) so thats why its only half. But the pf head with my stingray sounded really good and probably going to replace my hartke rig with the GK stuff since the hartke doesnt agree with my stingray 5hh very well.

14. I've got a Tecamp M212 which is a big improvement over my previous 115 cab (the '15 wasn't a tecamp btw)
    The M212 is a great sounding can which handles my B string well and has multiple tweeter options.

Best thing I'd suggest is see what's available locally and within your budget and use your ears. I noticed the M212 responded well to having a more powerful amp going into it - it's rated at 600w@4ohms.

Happy hunting!

bassbooty likes this.
  15. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    I feel that the Audiokinesis 212 is fantastic

Marial likes this.
  16. I use an MB500 with the CN212 and I have lost all GAS for any other cabs.

17. I've been playing a G-K NEO212 II for a couple years now (when I can't fit the NEO412 in the gig). If you want a great sounding reliable cab it should keep you very happy and very light carry. If you like spending more money for little difference in sound buy something else (you can't have my NEO212 II though).

Mike A likes this.
  18. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    As you can see, the message is that everyone has cabs they like and prefer. It's best to try out the ones you can and decide for yourself which ones you think sound best.

Marial likes this.