1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

3/6 Speaker Management options

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by gearhead1972, Mar 21, 2013.

1. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

Feb 21, 2012
    Kent NY
    Hey folks, I have been building my pa up, pretty much low to mid grade stuff Carvin 2040 board, Carvin powered mains, and a seismic Audio Sub. Anyway I have the sub being fed from buss number 4. I just purchased the Carvin XD360. I love this little thing, great x-overs, parametric eq, limiters...I got it a week ago and have been fiddling with it in the basement all week, just to get to know it. Well tonight I go down to play and the dam thing is frozen sort of, starts up, loads my system preset then has no function what so ever. Funny thing is it passes the signals and still sounds great.

Called them and the software guru had left for the day...I have never had a Carvin product fail on me, but now it has me thinking maybe I should go elsewhere. To my dismay elsewhere seems to only be Behringer and Peavy..good reviews on the Behringer, Peavey software is still in beta after like 2 years. Are there any other options with 3 in 6 out and matrix routing. If I wasn't feeding the sub from the buss I would judt go with a drive rack and be done with it, but I really love control of the sub with the number 4 fader.
    Is there one I am missing?

2. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

Feb 21, 2012
    Kent NY
    Just wanted to update my issue for people in the future. I called Carvin today, the confirmed that they think it is a firmware issue and sent me a new one with a return lable for the broken one. Can't say enough about that kind of customer service. I have been buying bits and pieces of Carvin stuff since 1985 and have never had one issue. I am glad they backed up their stuff.

3. RS66LB

RS66LB

Dec 29, 2012
    Connecticut
    -have been using the XD88 (from about 3 years ago) -an awesome device that allows 8 seperate graphic and paragraphic eq's to run concurrent however I haven't had any digital 'freeze' issues as of yet, of course I can only imagine the crappy 'helpless' feeling associated with your situation -thanks for sharing the follow up call (glad they've actively addressed the issue)Thanks and take care

4. Hi.

A bit too late now as You're getting a new one, but sounds a lot like a program lock of some sorts.

Quite a few PA processors have (had?) a function that would able to lock one preset that would be loaded on the power-up without the ability to change the parameters and so prevent the clueless (mis-)user from effing up the system.

Regards
    Sam

5. gearhead1972

gearhead1972

Feb 21, 2012
    Kent NY
    Nope not a program lock, it has password protection and it wasn't that. No use of the buttons or connectivity through USB.