1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

32" scaled double ball set

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by shai-ga, Jul 16, 2014.

1. shai-ga

shai-ga

Dec 31, 2006
    Holon, Israel
    Hey guys,

Do you know a string company that sells a set like this?

I'm building my own bass, with a medium scale and a headless system,
    and I couldn't find one yet.

Custom orders might work as well :)

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Check with Jason at www.bassstringsonline.com to see if he has any available. If not, custom will probably be the way to go, probably from LaBella which Jason can get for you as well.

3. Custom 32" DoubleBall strings will not only be $eriously $pendy (!), but prohibitively so.
    A headless nut/string retainer that allows single ball strings might prove to be your best bet.
    JCustom's is a direct Steinberger replacement, but HipShot's and ABM's are also worth consideration.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  4. ixlramp

ixlramp

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
    LOL! give up on that idea right now! Even if you can find a custom string builder who can make those you'll be driven crazy by the expense, the wait and the lack of choice of strings. There are headpieces available that have string clamps and can use any single ball string, you'll also find you can use most guitar strings too because they are long enough to reach the clamps. Even if such a headpiece is more expensive it will pay for itself in no time at all because you'll save huge amounts of money by avoiding custom strings.

maestrovert likes this.
  5. shai-ga

shai-ga

Dec 31, 2006
    Holon, Israel
    Yeah, I have a Steinberger spirit headpiece, and I bought a screw tap to make holes in it, then clamp regular strings.

Hipshot is too high and I don't like the shape, the ABM forces the neck profile to be thick, plus it has huge spacing.

I did find someone who makes custom strings: split_secondmusic@yahoo.com
    If anyone's interested..