1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

4 x Hartke HX112 Cabs ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Porkchop2, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Porkchop2

Porkchop2

Aug 20, 2015
    Milwaukee
    So, I've been running 2 Hartke HX112 cabs for a couple years now and they've been great. I recently picked up a LH1000 (which could run 4 cabs) to retire my HA3500. Anyone ever tried 4 x HX112s together? Yesterday I tried out the HX410 (great punch but light in the low end) and the HX115 (Fantastic lows but lacks punch). The HX112s fall right in between the 2 with good punch and low end BUT can be a little quite compared to the 410 or 115. Since I already have 2 HX112s, I'm thinking 4 of these cabs would be killer and the ultimate modular rig adjustable to any size gig.

Was just wondering what peoples thoughts were. Granted the 410 & 115 I tried were new in the store and not "broken in" yet. Also I'm using a fender P/J bass...

2. I say if you already have two, add a third if you need more volume. A fourth would be pretty sweet too.

3. Porkchop2

Porkchop2

Aug 20, 2015
    Milwaukee
    My thoughts Exactly, Plus with 3 I could Vertical Stack them and have one close to head height...

4. Porkchop2

Porkchop2

Aug 20, 2015
    Milwaukee
    Though I bet a Hartke Hydrive Cab with a 15 & 10 with a crossover would be sweet, or a 3-way Hartke HyFyDrive?

5. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I already have two Hydrives, but the thought of adding two more + a Hartke KILO amp is even sweeter. Let me run it past the wife ;)

IMG_0010_zps39c3f28a.jpg

PaulRobbie and Porkchop2 like this.
  6. Porkchop2

Porkchop2

Aug 20, 2015
    Milwaukee
    Nice setup dbase! I bet the Kilo would be awesome with these cabs. The one thing I really miss with the LH heads us the graphic EQ. Was wondering if I can run a rack mount graphic thru the fx loop on the LH1000 ? My current rig.

Attached Files:

7. I recently purchased a Hartke LH1000 to replace my GK RB400. I have low end Transporter cabs (1 x 15 and 4 x 10). Any concern using these with the monster LH1000? thanks

8. The Regulator

The Regulator

Aug 10, 2005
    It can be done but I'd worry a bit about the 115 which is half the wattage of the 410 at 150 watts.

9. tfer

tfer

Jan 1, 2014
    The LH1000 has a 'balance' knob to shift power away from one cab...

10. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    If you like two HX112s, then the more the merrier. Four of them, stacked end on end, could give you some really nice dispersion, that's for sure.

MM

Porkchop2 and mbelue like this.
  11. I have one of those cabs. It is awesome! Four? Sure. Even more awesomer ( Bad English I know, but used for effect). I'd say go for it.
    Lot of modular possibilities there.

12. thanks all and the balance control is a great feature, especially for this situation.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021