Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4ohm 1x15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pneuma, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Pneuma

Pneuma

Feb 14, 2004
    Arkansas
    Ok, I'm thinking about adding an extension to a Peavey BAM 210. It's rated for 500w at 2ohms, which is for the 4ohm combo's speakers with a 4ohm ext. cab.

I'm thinking about adding a 15 cab to add some more rumble on the low end of things, but I haven't found many 4ohms listed on many sites. Most everything is 8ohms that I've seen.

Does anyone know of a decent 4ohm 1x15 cab that would handle 250w?

much appreciated

Pneuma

2. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    "very perform well", oooo you speak english goodly.

3. I just bought an Avatar B115H cab rated 600 watts at 4 ohms at factory direct prices from Avatar for $239 plus S/H of $42.
    These cabs get awesome reviews and from what I just got, I fully understand why. Very well made, top quality Speaker (Eminence Kappa Pro LF) and Foster Tweeter horn, speakon connector and 2 quarter inch jacks plus a Tweeter control, vented out the front cab, Heavy duty side handles. This is a BEST BUY!
    Some do not like the black carpet covering but I think it looks good. No rattles and earthshaking low end with good mid bass.
    I bought the casters from them for $9 (highly recommended)

www.avatarspeakers.com

4. peavey make one, with a black widow speaker

5. Dr. Bass says he does not use "rat fur.' That cracked me up. But I felt my edens and realized they have rat fur so now I'm bummed.

What is Dr. Bass web sight? I have seen the ebay store.

I would not get the casters so you can save 9 bucks and be macho when you set up.

6. "Dr. Bass says he does not use "rat fur.' That cracked me up. But I felt my edens and realized they have rat fur so now I'm bummed."

That is not rat fur on your amp...it is pure mink
    ;)