1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

5 string J Basses with killer B strings?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zanderwestcoast, Jul 8, 2012.

1. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    I have owned 2 Carvin 5's...They are great 5's...'B' was low and could clear up a chest cold.

2. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    I'm sure it's been said already but....

-Lakland
    -Spector Coda
    -Lull

3. I know we're talking about Jazz basses here but every stingray I've played has had a killer B string.

4. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Another vote for Dingwall, I love my Super J5, great tone, super fast neck and a B string second only to my Afterburner!

5. Mr Guy

Mr Guy

Sep 27, 2010
    Re:Maurillo's post, I've had a VJ5 Classic 34" one piece maple neck bass for two years and the B has always been exceptional - solid fundamental and very good, long sustain - and that is with DR High Beams which I've always found the B string to be a bit "over toney" and weird on other basses I've had (34.5" and 35").

Have you tried something like the F Bass set? Stupendous sounding tho I find they go dead a little too fast for my wallet....