1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

575 watt head w/ 810 cab?...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theFALLEN, Apr 12, 2010.

1. theFALLEN

theFALLEN

Jul 29, 2009
    Hey guys,

Need a bit of advice if you'd mind giving it!

Basically I am wondering whether an Ashdown ABM500 EVO II head would do a good job of powering an 810 cabinet? Obviously if the impedances matched etc etc.

Would the head be able to power the cab sufficiently or would it be under powered?

A bit about me: I play a Musicman Stringray 3EQ in a heavy rock band with a similar sound to KillSwitch Engage/ Avenged Sevenfold. I am up against a lot of electronic samples, two EVH5505 guitar sticks, a lot of backing vocals and a big a$$ drumkit...

I am aiming for a warm, low, punchy sound (which I am achieving currently) but need it bigger and much louder!

Thanks guys, any advice that you give would be much appreciated.

2. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    IMO, you shouldn't have any problems powering an 8x10 with 500+ watts.

3. Damn... haha... i power an 8x10 (and 2x15) with a Kustom200 (and gk400rb) juuuuust fine. So at more than double the wattage i'm pushing, i'd say, yes... 500w is fine.

I play heavy dirty loud stuff with 2 full-stack using guitarists and i'm perfectly fine. The 8x10 is borrowed, so sometimes i just do the Kustom200 with the 2x15 (+1x15) and even that is fine.

4. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    You'll be fine w/ that Ashdown head...

5. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    My 100 watt V4B has no problem powering an 810, in fact it is louder through that than a smaller cab.

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I used to use a mag 300 with that cab, and it killeddddddddd