6 String BASS Club (Guitarists keep out!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hey, Nov 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kerrycares

kerrycares Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Howell, Michigan
  2. kerrycares

Jan 17, 2006
    Howell, Michigan
    Bassmods , Exotic ..... Bassmods for sure!

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  3. kerrycares

Jan 17, 2006
    Howell, Michigan
  4. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    I don't have any suggestions, just know that keisel is 16.5 mm on their 6 string. Most ibanez too, except the btb line I think. Mtd is 17.5 or 18 if I remember right.

Bassist4Eris likes this.
  5. gzarruk

gzarruk

Aug 31, 2009
    Ibanez SR1346B. Comes with Nordstrand Big Singles and looks really good (to me, at least). $1500.
    1.png

srayb, Lebowitz and Bassist4Eris like this.
  6. tournesol74

tournesol74

May 9, 2010
    France
    My Fernandes FRB-105,
    these basses are really good for the price, I wanted to upgrade the electro, finally, I kept it original...

19102910382124902216483000.jpg

19102910382124902216483001.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Wow, that is a stunner - reminds me of the early Yamaha TRB6 actually!

8. Yamaha TRB1006j

ixoOL6m.jpg

zpDMcGg.jpg

Loring, gwangi, gzarruk and 3 others like this.
  9. I've got one. Pictured in my avatar. Bass is phenomenal. No neck dive, fast, smooth neck. Electronics are top notch.Those Norstrands sound great in it. Very versatile. I don't believe you will be disappointed!

gzarruk likes this.
  10. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    FB_IMG_1606580068878.jpg

I want a Number!

This is my current #1.
    Le Fay Karlsson 6.

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Is anyone here played a 6 with no fretboard radius? If so how would you say it compares in feel to one with a pretty standard radius (around 16)?

12. I'd like a number please :)

Peavey Fury VI Shark Bass!!
    GEDC0011.JPG

GEDC0009 (2).JPG

Loring, gzarruk, KPJ and 2 others like this.
  13. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Big Shrek likes this.
  14. Oh wow, there's a Florida Bassist Club??
    Heck, I need to join that one too ;)

15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Most clubs require you to post a photo of your bass to join. That one requires you to post a photo of your gold chain or your alligator. Bonus points for both.

Big Shrek and Razman like this.
  16. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Ahhh, Gulf Breeze! It's been, um, (doing math in my head)... edited... let's just say many many years since I was there in the Navy, and I miss it! Well, Pensacola actually, the Naval hospital and then NAS. As a cyclist I would ride out to G.B. and P-cola Beach frequently. How long have you lived there? (Dare I ask??)

Raz

Big Shrek likes this.
  17. Currently, since the 3-mile Bay Bridge got wrecked by Hurricane Sally & SKANSA barges,
    nobody can get across until they put it back together...even had to re-route the
    McGuire's St. Patrick's Day 5k.

And except for a Short Tour in the Navy myself as an AE,
    then a Drunk & Disorderly 5-year Army Tour...been in GB on & off since 1979.
    You literally wouldn't recognize the area on the other side of the Naval Live Oaks
    Reservation, it's grown like MAD. Used to be practically all woods from the Live Oaks
    to the Navarre Beach Bridge, then woods again until Hurlburt AFB...
    now every square foot of Hwy 98 is paved-paradise parking lots & big buildings.

18. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Whaaaaa? How long has the bridge been OOC? That's crazy - and it was boonies when I rode my MTB from Gulf Breeze down to Navarre, across to the beach, and then back. Amazing! Well, I have been gone for over two decades, almost three...

Oh, I was a HM and left Pensacola to join my squadron - in the Adriatic Sea! Got out after 4 and stayed in Jax. Pensacola was a nice place, I miss it.

19. Ah...the alligator...until a couple years ago, didn't know they could CLIMB!!!
    alligator fence.jpg

Our State Mottos...
    Florida Cat 5.jpg

Our State Animal...
    Cantore.jpg

And our State Bird...
    Mosquito.jpg

Razman and Bryan R. Tyler like this.
  20. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Big Shrek likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021