1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

6-string fretted/fretless hybrid, do U got one?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bubumaster, Sep 19, 2010.

1. the Ibanez Ashula SR 2010ASC is a fretted & fretless bass. Looks great but: anyone try that thing?

bp0810_soundibanez.jpg

2. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    It literally just came out so i doubt many people here have one. Theres a review in a recent Bass Player issue. If you cant find the article online i cant post up what they said. Ive also seen a few other model or custom basses with similar setups here on TB.

3. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    That looks awesome. Odd tuning, but I'd love to give it a shot with my rig.

4. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Inactive

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Local store had one of these- tuned EADG- then DG. I could never work with that tuning- I loved the bass tho.
    If it was my bass I'd get a new nut cut for a standard 6 string tuning and then run roundwounds on BEAD and flats on GC.

Its funny how we have different visions of how this bass should work, the salesman didnt tell me it had a non standard tuning and I felt like I was hiccuping when I tried it out. Or st-st-st-uttering!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021