Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

7-stringed international?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Skavenger, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    Hello. I have problem, I want to get my hands on a 7-stringer. The problem is there doesn't seem to be any dealers at all that sell to Sweden, only the pricy handmade ones. I want a cheaper one, like a GT or similar. Any ideas? Webpages? Thanks.

2. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
  3. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    Thanks! I love you.

4. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    Flowers or candy will suffice...

:oops:

5. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    When I was thinking about buying a Conklin GT-7, I got in touch with Bass Central. They'll ship to Sweden.

But then I asked Listerud if he'd build me a 7-string bass, and it turned out to cost just a little more than buying GT-7.... so I did that instead. Look!

Of course, I have no idea how it compares to a GT-7, but I like mine. Perhaps you'd want to hook up with him and see if he'd build you one?

6. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I have read in different forums that the Conklin GT-7 (and all Korean-made Conklins) have been discontinued, so really the best bet is checking eBay regularly.

7. JHL

JHL

Apr 8, 2005
    London, England
    One think you should think about is that you have to pay something like 20-30% tax when importing a bass from the US to Sweden. I have done this myself, got myself a custom GTBD-7, and the letter I got from swedish customs 6 months later didn't come as a welcome surprise.

Oh, by the way, my 7 is for sale, so msg me if you're interested.

8. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    Oh, my. I didn't know about the Listerud! Now you've gotten my GAS up...

9. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Sorry. :)

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Elros - Wow, what a nice looking bass.

11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  12. Why is it that we American's only speak/read english. I looked at the listerudbass link, awsome basses, don't know what it says beside them, but I like them. I wouldn't mind having one myself, maybe a fretless four stringer. oh well, maybe I'll get to travel to that side of the world, althogh I have yet to see more than a 1/3 of United States. Anyway how much are those basses? How could I find more info on them (english?)

13. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    JHL, check your Private Messages. I don't know if it got to you...

14. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Tribalistic - you can find an English version of the Listerud web site by clicking "English" at the bottom of the menu on the right-hand side of his web site. (easy to miss, I know) Or you can just click here. The English version is older than the Norwegian version, though...

15. Thanks for that link. :bassist: