1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A bold step: CDs vs. Synth

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm going to sell all of my CDs so I can buy a synth.

Whenever I listen to music, it's on vinyl or mp3, CDs are a rare listen these days. I have really been fiending for a synth lately, a lot of the music I listen to is very synth based, in an atmospheric sense.

A lot of the sounds I make, it's me half assing a synth when I do my stuff I do with Drrskt.

I just got to find somewhere that I can get a decent price for my CDs. I've only got about 200 right now, but they're all pretty good, and a few of them are pretty rare, moreso in the sense that you're not going to find them in Best Buy.

The way I've been looking at it, I've been listening to music for long enough, I want to start producing it, really producing the music I want to.

I don't know why I made a thread about it, just admitting that I'm crazy is really all this thread is. I know I'll probably regret it, but what the hell.

2. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    you probably will regret it. but synths are cool too. i say get the synth and don't look back.

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Rip all your cds. sell em. get the synth. save up. purchase blank cds. burn previous rips to said blanks.

But you didnt hear it from me ;) :bag:

4. Get the synth...I lvoe electronic music - I just bought a Sp-404 sampler and am loving it!

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Right on, I think I am going to do it. I am just really at the point where I NEED something new to make sounds with, and I don't think I'll be able to spend any kind of major money on myself for a long time, hench the selling the CDs.

6. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    Save time - just steal the synth...

Ian