1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A case for SVT road cases.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oinkbanana, Jan 26, 2012.

1. oinkbanana

oinkbanana

Oct 20, 2011
    Lift Top case - I worry that if a butterfly latch gives while you're transporting it, your amp falls to the floor. :crying:

Live in case - a full stack is just so pretty as is. I really feel like it takes away from the great look. :meh:

Trunk style hinged case - with the modern SVT handles on the side, how do you get the amp out? anyone install handles on top like the vintage SVT? :ninja:

chime in guys, i'm not sure what to get for my SVT-VR
    #firstworldproblems

2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Although those butterfly latches look like they can pop open, I've never had one do it. It takes a fair bit of pressure to open and close it. They aren't like the smaller ones on some instrument cases.

If it makes you feel better, some cases can be ordered with lock hasps on the butterfly latch that prevent it from moving.

3. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    My case has been holding pretty well over the past year or so. It makes the whole thing heavy as hell, but I use a dolly for long distances, and an glad to have the case when it's bumping around in the trailer/car.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Every backline company I've seen with SVT's uses lift top cases. It's really the only thing that makes sense. Get a well made case by a reputable company and it'll hold. I'm with you...I hate live in cases for SVT's, too. I tolerate it with backline rental 810's under protest. I won't do it with the head.

5. oinkbanana

oinkbanana

Oct 20, 2011
    should I put two handles on the top of my amp, it would make a trunk case more feasible?
    do you think the enclosure could handle it? — wouldn't want to rip the top of the box off, that is one heavy amp!

matamp200bass01.

or maybe I could use some strap system to get it in&out of the case?