1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A difficult topic...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Andy Mopley, May 3, 2021 at 11:19 PM.

1. Andy Mopley

Andy Mopley

Sep 24, 2011
    eerbrev likes this.
  2. I just heard from two female musicians that I play with that they dealt with it recently. Lauren is fantastic. It is important that she spoke out about it, and even better that she keeps pushing her work forward. She is setting an important example in the world. I've learned so much from her.

Chris Fitzgerald and nbsipics like this.
  3. dhergert

dhergert Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Blue Zone, California
    Hmmm, "Private Video" reports video is unavailable even after signing in.

4. It happened a few years ago. I could imagine her trying to put i behind her.

5. dhergert

dhergert Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Blue Zone, California
    Yes, I was wondering the same...

Or, possibly that she's receiving backlash in one way or another for having it easily available for people to read about. Wrongly so, but publicly outing sexual harassment details can become a career-ending move.

6. I don't know her personally. My guess is it was up long enough to be effective and her channel is about her work as a bass player and I can imagine her wanting to present that on its own.
    In that spirit, here is a video of her ripping through Bach:

She is probably my favorite for Bach on bass!

7. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Wonderful player.

Fretless55 and damonsmith like this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021