Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a fallen brother

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Feb 15, 2006.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    hello everyone. It is with great sadness that I humbly request everyone's prayers for the family of a fallen bass brother.
    His name was Raymond W. Herrera and he was a young, sweet and vibrant young man that played in the worship band at a church I attend. I met him briefly and he touched my heart with his passion for God and his love for bass. He was killed in a car accident and was put to rest today. He was 23,
    Raymond put a smile on my face when i met him. Now he rejoices in God's glory. But his family needs prayer for strength in this very sad time for them. I know firsthand the bass community is a very compassionate one and I thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers. God bless you all,
    Adrian

2. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Peace to his family and to him.

3. My condolences.

4. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    My best to his family and friends.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Adrian.

-Alex

5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    My condolances, Adrian

6. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Prayers on the way out west...

7. Eric Grossman

Eric Grossman

Nov 3, 2004
    St. Louis
    Endorsing Artist: Hipshot Products and SIT Strings
    prayers and peace.

8. Wow, only 23! :(

Prayers for your friend, Adrian.

Mike

9. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    He is in a better place now, and is probably playing his dream bass as we speak. He and his family will be in my prayers. Sorry for your loss.

10. :( That kind of stuff tears me up. I hate hearing about things like that. It makes you think that it could happen to any of us.

My thoughts and prayers to you and his family.

11. We grieve for those left behind but for those who pass on we rejoice, for he is in the presence of the Lord. Thoughts and prayers for the family......

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'll keep you in mind Raymond. :)

-Mike

13. My condolences as well.

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    it CAN happen to any of us.
    Ok, if you would have bet me a million that i was going to outlive Raymond ( given that I am diagnosed with cancer and he was 23 and healthy ) I would have rolled on the floor in laughter , but we never know what is around the bend. That is why I am spiritually ready for whatever comes, though I am not without weakness and I am human, whatever one's faith, we cannot take life for granted and we have to think about what comes after. If I didn't have my faith in the Lord, i would probably be going mad around now, I have seen so many people leave us recently.
    I am going to the church for the first time since I found out tonight, i have offered to help fill the bass spot, I don't know if they will need me, but I know if i at some point they do, it will be very emotional to stand where this promising young man once stood. Again, i take comfort in knowing he is with the Lord. It will be a humbling evening, I am sure.

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Sorry for your loss Bro , RIP.

16. Adrian, I'll be praying for Raymond, his family, and those affected by his loss. Sad loss as it is, there's just one more bassist jammin' in Heaven now. God bless you all.

17. This is so true, Adrian.

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James - 4:14

www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James 4&version=31

We should all cherish every second of life we're given.

Mike

18. You are important to people and sometimes will never know the impact you have on thier lives. But we all have an impact.

He's playing at the throne now, his whole life was for this moment.

God Bless

19. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Sorry to hear about that.

Prayers sent out.