1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A father/son talk.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Geezer79, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Geezer79

Geezer79

Oct 30, 2011
    One day, my son says to me, " Dad, guitar players get to play chords. Do bass players ever use chords?" I said, " Yes, but not all the time like guitarists, because when you hit a chord on a bass, a shock wave rolls out from the stage, causing drinks to be rattled off of tables, and people's hair gets blown back like a breeze, possibly causing some damage." In awe, he said, but doesn't that happen to guitarists too?" I said, "No son, they don't trust just anybody with that level of power."

2. :D

"With great power, comes great responsibility"

:bassist:

3. GrooveRonin

GrooveRonin

Nov 20, 2011
    True words

4. Chef FourString

Chef FourString

Feb 4, 2011
    Texas
    :D Perfect.

5. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Well said. Besides, most of the time the song needs groove and structure... and bass does that a lot more effectively than guitar.:bassist:

6. They NEED to do chords in order to even approach our level of awesomosity. :)

7. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902).

:) :) :)

8. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Second hand electric donkey bottom biters!.... I unclog my nostrils at you with your 'so-called' Arthur king with the brain of a duck don'cha know!:D

9. That may be the coolest thing I've ever heard! :D