Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A friendly reminder about the Tab forum rules

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Hello guys and gals-

Just a few friendly reminders for those who wish to post in the tab forum.

This is NOT the forum to discuss the merits, or lack thereof, of the tab system. Discussions about this have led to arguments in the past, which is unnecessary. A search of the GI forum will provide you with all of bickering you could want.

Also, we are trying to keep this forum uncluttered by posts that are of no relevence/help to the original poster.

Such unwelcome responses would be:

"It's not that hard, just listen to it."

"Tabs won't help you. They suck."

"I don't have the tab for that."

"Goat Farm RULES!" (PM would be good venue for such communications.)

These posts are a waste of time for all parties involved.

Please, think of the children. :)

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Sounds good to me, SuperDuck. I'd also like to add:

• If you send someone a tab via personal e-mail or PM, post it in the thread as well. That way, everyone looking at said thread can view/use that tab.
    • If you are the thread starter, please consider updating your thread, letting readers and possible tabbers know that you've received it. If the tab you've just received hasn't been publicly posted, please consider posting it (see above point).
    • Please, please, PLEASE include the name of the requested tab in the title of the thread. A thread title that includes the name of the song will likely get more interest than a thread titled, "Ta8 tH15 5oNG 4 mE, DO0DS" ("Tab this song for me, dudes").

That is all.

EDIT: One more thing, don't post other people's tabs and claim them as your own. If someone took the time to tab something out for you and you choose to help someone else by posting it on a site like basstabarchive.com, give credit where credit is due. Taking credit for someone else's tablature may not be illegal, but it is immoral. I was extremely pissed when I found my GWAR tabs on another site, with someone else's name as the author. That's bulls**t, man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.