A Game Cube question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Dec 8, 2003.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My son is getting a "Game Cube" for Christmas. My question is: Is there a game like "Crazy Taxi" that works with it? Or a similar race game with the exagerrated jumps and ping pong like car crashes?

No shooting and blood. He's only 9 years old. Can anybody recommend something?
  2. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Try the new MarioKart game...it's MarioKart: Double Dash. It's really neat, I'd bet your son would enjoy it. I don't know how familiar you are with the MarioKart series, but it's basically just a bunch of old Nintendo characters racing around in little go-kart type things.

It's not quite like Crazy Taxi, but it's a thought nonetheless.
  3. ditto! great recommendation, and if youre the least bit interested i bet you'll find yourself playing it just as much if not more than him :p

also IIRC there is a crazy taxi out for GC

yup, i found it. heres a link for it.

4. Crazy Taxi rocks...the soundtrack has alot of The Offspring and Bad Religion on it :bassist:
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Simpsons: Road Rage is a game that is based on the Crazy Taxi engine, and is basically a Crazy Taxi ripoff. But with the Simpsons. So it's ok. :D
  6. Any of the Resident Evil games. Give him nightmares for the rest of his life :D
  7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    this just in: Sega sues Fox, EA over 'Simpsons' video game
  8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    How 'bout that? I wonder why they waited so long- that game is already a "Greatest Hits". Wacky videotron gaming machines.
  9. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Grand Theft Auto Double pack.

Crazy Taxi is a really cool game, it's arcade, good soundtrack too.
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    *glances at thread title*
  11. No blood?

He's 9...in America...c'mon ;)

Good luck with the gift:)
  12. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Ah, my bad, I was thinking of Xbox.

No blood?

Yeah, true. When I was like 6 I was playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo or whatever one was out at that time. And when I was a little younger than 9 I was playing games like Hunter for Xbox (Kinda like Resident Evil but cooler.)

Good luck man, get Crazy Taxi man!
  13. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I think Crazy Taxi is available for the Cube.