1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A little help please from someone who knows Warrior basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rhythmchanges, Jun 4, 2007.

1. rhythmchanges

rhythmchanges

May 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Hi all,
    I am about to post this bass for sale in the next day or so and I was wondering if anyone can give me any information about this Warrior (i.e. model name, wood, electronics, pickups, knobs, etc.)

I am pretty clueless about this sort of thing and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

• 1b.JPG
      1b.JPG
      File size:
      23.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3b.JPG
      3b.JPG
      File size:
      20.8 KB
      Views:
  2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    looks like a rather early Soldier model, maybe late 90's/early2000. Maple FB/maybe Ash body, SD Basslines pickups, Maple and Purpleheart neck... Maybe a Jesse Blue O'neill-era bass. I'd call and ask JD Lewis about it. I had a 2001 and it had a similar body, but different p/up config.

3. rhythmchanges

rhythmchanges

May 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Thanks for the great information!

4. rhythmchanges

rhythmchanges

May 7, 2007
    Virginia
    J-Raj,
    I checked out your site (nice tunes) and saw the Warrior that you used to own. Mine also was a NAMM instrument I guess, because it has NAMM on the fretboard and the guy I bought it from mentioned it. Does this tell me what year it is? Thanks!

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      12.4 KB
      Views:
  5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    it could, mine was NAMM 067 and it was completed in Dec 2000 for Winter NAMM 2001 (Anaheim). Yours might be 2000 or 1999 (it appear to say NAMM 034).

6. rhythmchanges

rhythmchanges

May 7, 2007
    Virginia
    J-raj...

Hey I just noticed that you got the number wrong on this one when I noticed that it shows up better in this pic.

I guess that would make it prolly right around the same time as yours? Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Attached Files:

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Dragging this thread back up............

I had the chance to play this very bass this evening and wow........Stingray to the 10th. power! Extremely low action, weighs less than 9lbs easy and that pre-amp has some kick to it!! If I had the money, I would have bought it on the spot!!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021