1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Question About 2006 Fenders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OneAri, Oct 25, 2013.

1. OneAri

OneAri

Jan 1, 2013
    Brighton, UK
    I was looking through a few of my local stores and came across a trans-blonde, nitro finish MIA Jazz Bass from 2006 with a badass II. It had a 60th anniversary sticker on the back of the headstock but nothing else to suggest it was from that range (neck plate, front headstock emblem etc.). I also had a look at the catalogue from the year and couldn't find anything about a bass like this.

I'm not suggesting it's a fake but I was wondering were all 2006 models stamped with the 60th anniversary 'sticker' even if they weren't part of the official range? :confused:

Sorry no pics just yet buy any input is greatly appreciated.
    Also if I should just shut up and buy the thing affirmation of that is also welcome:D

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Most likely a Fender Highway One Jazz bass. Pretty much the only US made Fender Jazz to come stock with a Bad Ass bridge. Lots of talk that the bass parts all come from Mexico and were assembled at Fender's plant in the US. Personally I couldn't care where they came from. Outstanding bass for the money. Not sure what they are asking for the bass but one in very good condition can sell for between 475 and maybe 600 tops.

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Yeah, Highway One.

4. My 2006 MIA Standard Precision is not an official 60th Anniversary edition. The only marking on it is a small 60th Anniversary medallion on the back of the headstock. Smaller than a dime. Oh, and removed the crappy S-1 switch.

5. OneAri

OneAri

Jan 1, 2013
    Brighton, UK
    That sounds pretty identical to the Jazz I came across, it was definitely a sticker though (maybe the EU/UK market didn't get medallions :eyebrow:)

It looks to be a highway one with a tort guard,not sure if the badass is aftermarket though. I might swap it out for a hipshot so I can put some ashtray covers on it

Anyway thanks all for the help :bassist:

6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    That is my all time favourite color for a bass. Bad Ass bridge came stock with the bass. You can't go wrong with a highway one.....

7. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    great bass, believe me

behin' the headstock it's not a 60th anniversary celebration of the Precision of sort, that happened with a commemorative model in 2011 (while Jazz bass celebrated 50th anniversary in 2010) 2006 was 60th anniversary of the whole Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.

Cheers,
    Wallace