1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A word about Eminence customer service...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SBrown, Jan 18, 2017.

1. SBrown

SBrown

Dec 5, 2008
    Auburn, CA
    I just want to share a recent positive experience I had with Eminence Speakers. I use a pair of D.I.Y. 1x15's, with 3015 drivers, either together at 4ohms, or separate at 8ohms. I play a Mesa 400, or a Mesa Walkabout, depending on the gig. One of the speakers sort of fizzed out in practice, and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. After installing the faulty speaker into the cab that I knew worked, and getting the same result, (barely audible sound, sort of "shorting out") I called Eminence. Glenn, the CS guy, quickly emailed me a return authorization, and I packet it in an old svt7pro box (another story, of horrible CS), and I sent it away, expecting to have to pay for a new speaker, or worse never hear anything which seems to be more the norm these days. To my surprise, Glenn phoned me about 10 days later, informing me that they had worked on the driver and it could not be repaired. He explained that there was a bad solder joint, and the neo magnet was faulty. He informed me that a new 3015 was on its way to me and just wanted to confirm my shipping address. I was blown away by how fast they dealt with the problem, and turned it around for me. Well done, Eminence, thanks for the support.

2. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Fantastic...great to hear

I had the same experience in the early days of Eden electronics

Euphonic Audio was amazing at sending me replacement drivers...frequently...due to faults

Jim Bergantino has always shown fantastic support

Mark Bass was great for support when Club Bass was the sole dealer in Canada

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    A great, big "attaboy" to Glenn at Eminence. Thanks for sharing this little vignette. IMO, if we retain the right to criticize a vendor for defective products and/or substandard service, we ought to be just as eager to heap praise on them when they go above and beyond the call of duty. Well done.

MM

Al Kraft, wcriley and wave rider like this.
  4. If I buy another bass amp/cab, I want it to have their 301xLF driver(s) in it. Those things just sound so good & so responsive!

5. SBrown

SBrown

Dec 5, 2008
    Auburn, CA
    My 3015's are the non-LF, and they are just great in the cabs I built. The mids are so grunty and plenty of low & highs.