1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

About Korg AX5B??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by furkanica, Sep 29, 2009.

1. furkanica

furkanica

Sep 29, 2009
    Hello everyone,

I wanna buy a processor for studio practices. I have a good setup for gigs and recording but i dont want to carry all of them to studio. So I need a processor which have the tone i want. The tone likes:

you can realize it at the entry of the songs..

And i saw on internet Korg AX5B. It is small and i think it is light.. These features are ideal for me but about the sound, i have no idea? I could not find to try it anywhere and i need your views about it.. The tone i want is overdrive+clean (sometime fuzz) like shown on links..

Could you inform me about Korg AX5B or any processor in these properties (small size, the tone i mentioned)?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Although the AX-5B is a fine toy, this sounds more like a job for a good dirt pedal than a multi-effect.
    The tones in your vids would make me recommend the MXR El Grande.

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I owned a korg "toneworks" ax3000b. perhaps I can help you out on possible duplication of sounds based on the youtube clips you've posted.

1st clip: the bass intro you can dupicate using fat distortion with exciter. set the distortion gain to either 40 or 50 percent. set the direct control to 50 percent. set the tone control to 78 percent. as for exciter, set the fequency control to 70 percent. set the type to 2. set the effect level to 84 percent. and use the 4x10 modern cab model for more lows.

2nd clip: that sound you can get using using the valve amp model. if you plan to use that sound in the studio, set mid frequency to 2. set the bass control to 70 percent. mid-range to 4 percent. and treble to 52 percent. use either the 4x10 modern cab model or the 8x10 classic cab model to get a more thumping sound.

3rd clip: I did came up with a possible setting for this sound(even though you get this sound with a tech 21 sansamp bass driver). use tube overdrive with exciter. set the overdrive gain to 50 percent. set the direct control to 47 percent. set the tone control to 74 percent. use the same exciter settings as the first clip. use the 4x10 metal cab to add more punch. and if you own an equalizer pedal, scoop the mids.

I hope this helps you out.

4. furkanica

furkanica

Sep 29, 2009
    Thank you all for your helps..
    I will try with ax5b as Crystalman85 said.. Thanx again..

5. furkanica

furkanica

Sep 29, 2009
    and i saw on internet korg ax3b, no expression pedal..
    what is the difference between them? just expression pedal or anything else?

if yes, it fits so much for me because of dimensions and weight..

and crystalman85, can i use same settings in ax3b as you mentioned above?

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Yes you can, furkanica. you can use the settings on the ax3b and the ax5b. the ax5b is pretty much like the ax3b, only with an expression pedal added along with a ring modulator effect.