1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Accurate Vicarious tab requested.

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Knubbis91, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Knubbis91

Knubbis91

Dec 7, 2008
    Sweden
    I´m looking for a accurate tab of the song Vicarious by Tool.

Those tabs I have checked just don´t seem accurate enough, at least not the intro..

anyone can tab the song, just the intro would be okay. or if there are accurate tabs out there would someone find one for me?

thanks

2. The guitar pro tab seems pretty accurate. If you own guitar pro I can send you a link to the tab. If not I can print it to PDF.

3. Knubbis91

Knubbis91

Dec 7, 2008
    Sweden
    I do own guitar pro. but there is about 6 versions o that tab, and none of them seem accurate to me.. but i could be wrong ofc :p

4. Bassmingo

Bassmingo

Nov 6, 2008
    Ireland
    aha! a song i know a lot about!

here's how i play the intro:

Code:
    (0:01)- Bass Whammy 5thUp/1Up position, rocked forward to harmonize 1UP

g------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    d—12p0-0-10p0-0-12p0-0-12h14-0-0-10p0-0-12p0-0-0-15p0-0-14p0-0-10p0-0-0-14p0-0-10p0-0-12p0-10p0-- x3
    a------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    d------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

g------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    d—12p0-0-10p0-0-12p0-0-12h14-0-0-10p0-0-12p0-0-0-15p0-0-14p0-0-10p0-0-0-14p0-0-10p0-0-12p0h12\10-
    a------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    d------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heres the tooltabs.net tab but since the leak of the guitar hero tracks its a little out of date.....wait whats that? here the justins bass track lifted from guitar hero right here!

and the verse should be this:

Code:
    g--------------------------
    d—------------------------- 
    a----12----------------15--
    d—0--0--0--0-10-0-0h15-----

and the chorus should be this

Code:

g-----------------------------------------------------------------
    d—--2---3---------------------------------------------------------
    a-------------7-----10----------3----5-------------3---------5-----
    d—3---3---3/5---5/10--10-0---3h5--5h7-----0---0h3h5--0--0h5h7--5-0-

I love this bassline.

*edit*

I actually found the most accurate tab of it..... here you go!

good luck, some parts are a bitch!

5. Knubbis91

Knubbis91

Dec 7, 2008
    Sweden
    Thank you. It´s an awesome bassline, most of Tools songs have an great bassline.
    Actually, for the intro, i prefer to pluck the bright notes on the G-string and the 0:s on D-string, But if this sounds more correct, I would play with this one ofc.

I´m only an half-mediocore bassplayer, an got some problems with speed in the plucking hand, so this song would be a pain to learn for me, but I guess practice helps alot :)

6. Bassmingo

Bassmingo

Nov 6, 2008
    Ireland
    Justin prefers to stay on one string for a lot of his lines, and myself and a lot of players prefer more "economy of movement" so a lot of people assume he's on two strings when he's really on one.