1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ACG vs. East Preamp vs. Flexcore? Looking for versatile preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Lucas Redekop, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Lucas Redekop

Lucas Redekop

Jul 21, 2011
    I like the sound of my Ibanez SR506, but seeing as it's my main bass and I play a lot of different music, I'd like to upgrade the pre to something that will give me a much larger tonal palette.
    I'm looking for any comments on any of the preamps I've already mentioned as well as other ideas for what I'm looking for, price isn't a huge issue. Thanks! :bassist:

2. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    I'm pretty happy with the ACG EQ-01 I just installed in one of my basses. About as versatile as it is possible to get I suppose. Lots of knerbs...
    10302348363_cd87d12593_c.

3. I put Mike Pope with H/L mids and act/pass sw love it

4. modder5s4s

modder5s4s Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    I put a flexcor in my fender while keeping the N3 Jazz pickups. It took the overall sound to the next level. Volume-tone, blend, bass-treble, high mid-low mid, active-passive switch has given me great versatility and clarity. Here is a link to some different preamps and pickup configurations and how they sound.

http://www.youtube.com/user/elguitars?feature=watch

5. I did a vol-act/pas, vol, bass-treb, hi-lo mid, pass tone-coil tap