1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic Amplification

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Richland123, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I have two questions regarding an old Acoustic 370 bass amp head and the new Acoustic B600H bass amp head.

I own an Acoustic 370 head I bought new in 1975. It is in need of repair but I cannot find anybody who can fix it or get compatible parts. It has lots of power but the sound is very distorted. Does anybody know where I could possibly get parts for this amp? Otherwise, I would possibly be interested in selling it for parts if somebody needs one.

I recently tried out the new Acoustic B600H head and I must say I was quite impressed with it. It actually sounded better than the old Acoustic heads and even better than any of the new Ampeg or other heads I tried out. Does anybody had positive experiences with this head? I heard they are made in Asia but many electronics are now and I was wondering how the quality is. They do have a 3 year warranty.

2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    I don't know where you're located, but a guy named Yontz operates a repair shop in Raleigh, NC. He is highly recommended by many Acoustic owners throughout the USA. Here's the link www.madscienceworks.com Don't have any experience with the "new" Acoustic stuff. Good luck. :cool:

3. Bim1959

Bim1959

Apr 15, 2009
    Naples Florida
    Sales and electronic tech/piano tech: England Music Center - Clinton IA - now closed
    Is doug Forbes still out there? The last ime I used his service was when I got a sheet from him crossing the Acoustic part numbers to standard parts, but it took ages because he was going thru problems monetary-wise trying to keep the site open and fill orders.