1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic B600h + 4 b115?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by leavenone, Jun 13, 2012.

1. leavenone

leavenone

Nov 7, 2011
    Arkansas
    ok, so i was running a little math just now, and found out that the acoustic b600h can physically support 4xb115s @ 8ohms a piece (the head is 600watts @ 2ohms. if my math is wrong, let me know!).

However, it appears as though the b115s have a power handling of only 250watts. would hooking all 4 cabs up be safe? i.e. would the head overpower the cabs?
    would it be ok to have fewer cabs (say, 1 or 2) hooked up to the head as long as the head wasnt cranked?

Edit: no, i am not thinking about getting all four cabs. i mean, it /is/ a bit excessive, yes? awesome, but entirely unneeded .

2. DerTeufel

DerTeufel

Nov 11, 2011
    Wildomar, CA
    Each cab would be getting 150W. You should be fine. Turn down if you start hearing distortion.

3. If you're going to spend that much on 4 new Acoustic 15s why not just get 1 better cabinet that can handle all the B600H's power. Like a 2x12 or a 4x10?

4. Are you asking because GC has them for $129 each on the website?
    If your looking for a cheap 15 cab, 2 of those would handle a lot of gigs, they are just kind of heavy (63lbs) and loaded with entry level drivers.

4 15's would be cool, if you had roadies. In all honesty, if you need that much volume you may want to look in to some PA gear or a high end cab.

But for the price, Im going to see if I can pick one up in the store tomorrow morning. You shouldn't have a hard till getting your money back, or at least really close to it

5. leavenone

leavenone

Nov 7, 2011
    Arkansas
    i am not a big fan of the sound of 10s, though i greatly prefer 10s to 12s. i don't know, i just love how 15s sound. 12s have always sounded flabby to me and tens sound.. OK. nothing spectacular, imo.

besides, I'm not going to get this ridiculously monsterous rig (i can only begin to imagine a wall of 15s...yum yum). just dreaming.. it would be *insert any variety of expletives here* to haul around!
    probably just going to get a b200h and 2xb115s.

6. Assuming that the sale price isn't a misprint. Now would be a great time to try those cabs out. The 410 is only $30 more.