1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic image is a great company!

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by downunder, Nov 21, 2018.

1. downunder

downunder

Aug 25, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I bought an Acoustic Image amp in 2007. It served me very well for about 10 years as my main amp for local small rooms. About a year ago it started losing the input signal intermittently and acting weird in other ways. The folks at AI suggested I spray Deoxit in the input jacks and the pots and switches. This seemed to help for awhile, but the issues resurfaced several times. Finally I sent the electronics back. AI completely overhauled them at no charge as part of their warranty. They had it back to me in less that a week from the day I shipped it. Noticed when I took the parts out of the wrapper how shiny and new everything looked. Had to double check to make sure they were the same parts and they hadn’t just replaced the whole thing. It is working fine and sounding great. (took it to a gig last night; it sounded better than ever. I feel like I got a new amp, one I really like!) I then happened to look at the invoice and saw just how much work they did and how many parts were replaced. I’m really amazed that they did all of this as warranty work. I can’t thank them enough. I also have a focus head that I bought used which they repaired at no charge. I just want to tell everybody how great the company is. They make the best amps for Upright Bass, in my opinion, and stand behind them with excellent service.

Attached Files:

2. Co.

Co.

Sep 10, 2006
    Germany
    I don't use the head anymore, for no particular reason, but the ten2 cabinet is my favourite cab for all low to medium volume gigs. Double bass and electric bass in sort of chamber music settings.

3. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    They are doing great work. I like that they have reasonable prices and the innovations. I am really enjoying my upshot. $400 for the newest thing is pretty great.

4. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    I love my Focus 2. No problems yet, and your testimonials give me confidence for when something breaks down.

5. matthewbrown

matthewbrown Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Harwich, MA, USA
    I had a problem with my Contra Series iii distorting. The chap helped me solve the problem (deoxit, in the right place) over the phone. Hard to say enough good about their products or their services, from what I've seen here. And that Contra, with an extension cab, is my main rig for casuals now.

6. bigshiny

bigshiny Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2010
    St Louis MO
    Rick Jones / Acoustic Image has a great reputation for reliable products and customer service.

Mushroo likes this.