1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acronyms

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by tgriley62, May 11, 2011.

1. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    I am new to the bass & have been on here a few times looking for info. I have come across a lot of acronyms. Some I think I have figured out such as:
    MIA: made in America
    MIM: made in Mexico
    MIJ: made in Japan
    PUPS: PickUPS

But there are others such as G.A.S. & boutique bass that I have no clue on. I Do not know how this would work but, could some start a "talkbass dictionary" for us newbies

2. That's a good idea, maybe an acronym sticky. Moderators?

Botique bass refers to a high end, low production bass, often made from exotic woods and ornate inlays, and the best of hardware, pickups, etc.

G.A.S. stands for Gear acquisition Syndrome, the urge to continually buy more basses, amps, effects, and other bass related stuff.

3. OOZMAN

OOZMAN

Jun 16, 2010
    Australia
    Boutique isn't an acronym. :bag:

4. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
  5. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I would love to see a hover feature for all Acronyms as related to TalkBass. Just move your cursor over the Acronym and it will display the full word(s).