Ads popping up music at random and slowing down my computer.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by BadJazz, Jun 16, 2017.

1. BadJazz

BadJazz Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Eugene, Oregon
    For the last hour or so I've been having serious cpu issues on Tb. I posted a thread in OT and the cursor was so lagged I could barely type. Music pops up at random every so often as well. I've enabled ad-block and my system is running just fine now. (I don't want to leave ad-block on, btw.) Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Hi! I'll get this solved but will need a bit more info:

- I'm assuming you're on desktop (not mobile)?
    - By "music pops up at random", you mean the ad will start playing audio without you clicking it?
    - I can block these ads (if Google doesn't do it first), if you can give me an idea of what the ad is for. There will be one banner at the top, and one at the bottom. Easiest thing to do is click the ad(s), and copy/paste its destination URL to this thread. I can then put in a block for that end URL.

Thanks for your help, and sorry about the intrusive ads. If it's playing audio without clicking, it's definitely in violation of Google's policy.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021