advice on a new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wilson, Feb 29, 2004.

1. wilson

Feb 16, 2004
    ok guys/girls

i really need a new bass, badly, i've read so many reviews, played so many basses, ARGH

i adore the fender P Bass

as far as i can remember, ive always wanted a stingray
    wouldnt mind trying a cirrus, but i dont think they exist over here (scotland) not many basses do
    slightly too expensive though, been thinking about the musicman sub, sounds good, been painted with tipex though, with a cardboard scratchplate!

help me, please
  2. hey wullie! sup.

welcome to TB :)

Are you anywhere near Glasgow? in McCOrmacks a few months ago they had a 5 and 4 stirng cirrus, and many stores can order it in for you.. but they would be expecting you to pay for it... see what they say in store about that one! :cool:

the SUB basses are not painted with tipex, lol. nor are the scratchplates cardboard ( :confused: ). personally I didn't enjoy the SUB's as much as the SR's... felt like it was lacking in attack and some tone.

the P-bass is a very cool bass, but I've yet to play one that I've *really* enjoyed...

the sting ray's are versitaile(sp) and the p-bass are suited for many types of music.

best bet? go down to the stores and checm em out :bassist:
  3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    This is the link for the SUB bass, it should clear up any misconceptions for you.

Personally I like Fenders but I have thought that SR's and SUB are excellent basses. You will just have to play some and let your hands and ears decide for you.