1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

advice on a new bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wilson, Feb 29, 2004.

1. wilson

wilson

Feb 16, 2004
    ok guys/girls

i really need a new bass, badly, i've read so many reviews, played so many basses, ARGH

i adore the fender P Bass

BUT THE STINGRAY!
    as far as i can remember, ive always wanted a stingray
    wouldnt mind trying a cirrus, but i dont think they exist over here (scotland) not many basses do
    slightly too expensive though, been thinking about the musicman sub, sounds good, been painted with tipex though, with a cardboard scratchplate!

help me, please

2. hey wullie! sup.

welcome to TB :)

Are you anywhere near Glasgow? in McCOrmacks a few months ago they had a 5 and 4 stirng cirrus, and many stores can order it in for you.. but they would be expecting you to pay for it... see what they say in store about that one! :cool:

the SUB basses are not painted with tipex, lol. nor are the scratchplates cardboard ( :confused: ). personally I didn't enjoy the SUB's as much as the SR's... felt like it was lacking in attack and some tone.

the P-bass is a very cool bass, but I've yet to play one that I've *really* enjoyed...

the sting ray's are versitaile(sp) and the p-bass are suited for many types of music.

best bet? go down to the stores and checm em out :bassist:

3. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    This is the link for the SUB bass, it should clear up any misconceptions for you.

http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/specs/instruments_sub.html.

Personally I like Fenders but I have thought that SR's and SUB are excellent basses. You will just have to play some and let your hands and ears decide for you.

Dan