1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

advice on drum computers

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by basskopf, Dec 8, 2006.

1. does anyone have good experience or a recommendation on drum computers?

i am relatively new to bass, i want this as a support for practice.

i am looking at the boss (roland) dr 880. i don't want to spend forever learning and programming a device, i want to use it to accompany myself on bass out of the box.

thanks for any inputs.
    tim

2. alesis sr-16!

do a search on this forum about this topic. i think there were a whole lot of suggestions.

3. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.

Ya, got one of those quite easy to program and sounds are good. You can get foot switch that will make it do a fill and go to another loop.

4. thanks guys, inputs most appreciated.
    tim

5. If you are up for a software drum computer then Hydrogen is free and very good.

6. daffy, thanks. actually, because i don't want to start my computer every time i play, i prefer dedicated external hardware. also hard to schlepp the laptop around with me if i am playing or practicing outside somewhere.
    tim

7. ^ that's one reason i like a dedicated hardware drum machine as well!