1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aerodyne Jazz - Badass II discontinued

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Chucky, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Chucky

Chucky

Mar 26, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Hello,

Has anybody, anyone at all fitted a bridge w/o hassle that was not a badass II on a Fender Aerodyne. A bridge that does'nt require modifying my bass.

The Badass is gone for good as far as I know and I don't need to waste time or too much money looking for one used or NOS.

Thanks, Chuck

2. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    WHAT! The Badass bridges are gone! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

3. Chucky

Chucky

Mar 26, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Sorry, that's not an answer or a statement that helps solve the question.

4. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
  5. Chucky

Chucky

Mar 26, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Thanks for posting Leo Quan info...I was under the impression they were not in business anymore. All the venders are out of stock and prices are too high imo for what is out there.

Chuck

6. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    The Bad Ass II fits in standard Fender hole pattern. You have a lot of choices. My favorite is the Gotoh 201. Warmoth had the best prices I've found on them.

Good luck.

KO

7. Why would you assume that a company is out of business without checking their website first? :confused:
    Seems to me that the website would be the first thing you check if you are concerned about a company.

In either case:
    "July 28, 2009 - We are in the process of updating the website.
    Keep checking back for more details!"

8. Rawkabilly

Rawkabilly

May 4, 2007
    Central IL
    I was told by a couple of Leo Quan dealers that they have no idea when or if we will be seeing any more Badass bridges. Apparently they've stopped production. I've read rumors as to why, but I'm not getting into the whole internet rumor thing.

Hipshot makes great stuff. I have personally installed their A-Style bridge one a couple of Fender's and it fit perfectly, with no mods or extra drilling. Make sure you get the one with the Fender mounting holes. http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=13
    Brian at bestbassgear.com has these in stock.

9. Chucky

Chucky

Mar 26, 2006
    Madison, WI
    I'm sorry, I'll pay more attention...

Chuck

10. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    The problem with bridge replacements on an Aerodyne isn't the hole pattern. It's that the Aerodyne has a radius body with a recess for the bridge, and the Gotoh 201 is bigger than the recess in the body. Judging by pictures, so are the Hipshot A and Badass II. Is there a high mass bridge out there that would be a REAL drop-in replacement on an Aerodyne? One that would actually fit IN the recess without having to modify the body?

11. Anything you want will show up on Ebay.