AG 500 mounting question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Indi86, Apr 14, 2005.

1. I'm trying to install my rack ears on my new Aguilar AG 500, but I can't figure out how to get the hand on the left side to come off so I can mount the left side bracket. Any help from others that have these amps?
  2. konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    beats me, free bump

actually looking from the pic on their website it seems that it is held with screws on the inside.

I would call them before taking it apart though
  3. Aguilar/Dave B.

Aguilar/Dave B. Aguilar Amplification Commercial User

Nov 8, 2003
    New York City
    President: Aguilar Amplification
    Hey, don't open the amp for this. Simply use a small flat head screw driver to pop off the little covers on either end of the strap. Insert the screwdriver under the rounded side of the cover.
    This will give you access to the screws that hold on the strap. Once you remove those, you will be able to mount the supplied rack ears very easily.
    irjason likes this.
  4. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Hey Indi86,
    Do exactly as Aguilar/Dave B. said.... then tell us if you like your AG500 as much as I like mine. I'd just like to hear your opinion of it. Thanks.
  5. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Gotta keep an eye on Dave B. he has magical ninja skillz for jumping in on threads when least expected. :D

seriously, i wish a store around here had an AG500, i would love to go check one out.