1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AG500SC w/ Ampeg 610 HLF questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lila, Mar 11, 2009.

1. lila

lila

Mar 8, 2009
    thanks.

2. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well first of all let me say that I don't like Ampeg cabs a whole lot. The HLF is a good cab for 5-strings and has that Ampeg signature mid-bump sound but I don't love them. What I can say is that the Ag500 is an excellent amp. It is way louder the 500watt rating. I run mine with an Aguilar DB112 (8ohms) or a DB410 (4omhs) and the amp has power to spare.

I think you're gonna like that rig a lot.
    That cab will let the amp put our it's complete 500watt output and they are loud! Trust me.

The important thing is to read the manual and setup the GAIN knob to where the Clip light turns on only in very loud playing sequences, and then turn up the volume to where you need it.

I have an Aguilar DB750 and I haven't used it in months since I got the AG500, it's very very good IMO.

3. lila

lila

Mar 8, 2009
    thanks for the info...

anyone else?

4. lila

lila

Mar 8, 2009
    bligity bump

5. RTL

RTL House Chicken Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Leander, TX
    I used to have an AG500SC as well - absolutely killer little amp. Lightweight, clean, articulate, warm and extremely loud. Played it through an Ampeg 410HLF and didn't like the result. No experience with the 610, but generally, I'm not fond of what Ampeg cabinets do to most amps.

6. bass.player

bass.player

May 30, 2006
    Belgium
    I tried the AG500sc and SVT-610hlf and I did not like the combination at all!! I took the amp back to the shop and kept the cab with an EBS Fafner. I'm happy again...