Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AI Contra Deluxe Carrying Case

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by flyingmarcel, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Good Afternoon,

Just wondering if any of you have experience using this padded bag for carrying your contra. I am considering it as a means of carrying my bass and amp at the same time (I have the Gollihur bass bag, which with my modifications for a neck strap should allow me a shoulder and part of an arm to carry the amp). Do you love it, hate it, know of something better? Love to hear anything about it.

cheers,

fm

2. jtlownds

jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    I have the padded bag for the Contra. Very well made bag. I have never tried to carry my bass & the contra at the same time. I'm pushing the hell out of 70 years old, and the older I get, the heavier my bass and equipment get. For me it's always 2 trips.

3. Wow,

Now I feel bad about complaining about lugging my gear at the ancient age of 25! Thanks for the info! I've heard the contra can be a little uncomfortable to carry on your shoulder, what with its shape and all - Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

fm

4. LowNote

LowNote Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I have a Contra EX (with a Focus stuck into the top) and a New Yorker with the New Yorker in the deluxe bag (by Mooradian) and the EX in the padded bag without an external pocket. I've carried both on my shoulder with no probem at all. I slighty prefer the less expensive padded bag because it was designed for the Contra when the amp was still bolted to the top, and the bag is a little taller than required. This allows room to put in a rolled up extension cord, fakebook, standlight, etc. in on top of the amp.

Erik Hansen
    Los Angeles

5. jtlownds

jtlownds

Oct 3, 2004
    LaBelle, FL
    I'm not crazy about carrying it on my shoulder. It tends to bounce off my hip & ribs. I tend to carry it at arms length using the short handles that clip together with velcro. Mostly I drag it into the gig on a folding luggage cart.