Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Album Collage

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mr_coffeekiller, Apr 26, 2004.

1. I wanted the oppinion of some more experienced people so here it is, a collage of tracks from my upcoming album. Anything, good bad or indifferent is apreciated guys so don't hold back!!

Clicky Clicky!!

2. Anyone?
    :help: :bawl:

3. I listened to a little bit of album collage. Didn't really care for the vocals, but your playing was fine. I liked slap and tap. You could lay off of that effect, though. I believed it is the same one in the other song. Nice reverb sound during the tapping. It adds a good overall feel.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I've not a lot of time, so I listened to "Feeding Berny" because I have that monkey as a desktop on one of the work PC's.

I thought it was very, very good. I like the way you mix. The bass playing was clearly skilled and not obnoxious. Sometimes people with your skills get a little "ynigwie -esque" but you have avoided it, good work! The tune had a good flow from start to finish that kept me interested, which can be hard to do.

I'll will listen to more later. :hyper: :bassist:

edit: OK I listened to album collage, sick! I'll buy one!

5. The songs other than the album collage and Which Ladder are pretty rough. They've been modded and tweeked since putting them up. My likeness for fx was rather heavy which I'm guilty of but hopefully I've tamed that now!!

Cheers guys ;)

6. Las Olas

Las Olas

Apr 20, 2003
    Scarborough, UK
    Very cool stuff Paul. Congrats. I'm looking forward to my copy.

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    +1

8. Cheers guys. It's good to get some possitive feedback about your own tunes as I'm sure you're all used to ;) If anyone's serious about getting a copy: mail me your address at 'mr _ coffeekiller at macmail dot com' <-- don't like spam! and I'll get you on the list :)

Thanks again people
    CK